Refugee and Immigration Services
Catholic Charities Milwaukee
Our goal is to replace rumors with accurate information about immigration in the United States. We are an attorney-driven program, here to help you understand your best legal options.
Background Image: Cashmere Shawl, India
Serving People of All Faiths
Catholic Charities programs serve people of all faiths, or no faith. We help those who are most vulnerable in our communities by empowering individuals and supporting families who are in need. Some clients pay a fee for our services, but we do not turn away anyone who cannot afford it. We respect people of all backgrounds, and we welcome anyone who needs us.
“The measure of the greatness of a society is found in the way it treats those most in need, those who have nothing apart from their poverty.”
– Pope Francis
We Address Cases Such As:
We DO NOT Address Cases Such As:
Because newcomers to the United States do not have the same rights as natural born citizens, any legal defense needs to be proceeded with extra caution. If you have loved ones who are detained, there are ways you can help them.
- If you are planning a trip to the United States, you need to prepare your travel documents before you arrange your travel. Make sure your passport is up-to-date and confirm …
- The events outlined in this blog post represent the typical timeline for the detention and deportation process. Some, or all of these scenarios could apply to you if you are …
- To get a driver's license or state identification card (ID) in the United States, everyone must go to their local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). However, immigrants have certain rules …
- Remember, you cannot get a United States passport until you are a United States citizen. Lawful permanent residents cannot get U.S. passports. If you claim to be a U.S. citizen …
- The events outlined in this blog post represent the typical timeline for the detention and deportation process. Some, or all …
- To get a driver's license or state identification card (ID) in the United States, everyone must go to their local …
- Remember, you cannot get a United States passport until you are a United States citizen. Lawful permanent residents cannot get …
Background Image: Traditional Karen Clothing (now Myanmar)
Three Risky Immigration Mistakes
These three immigration mistakes could seriously hurt your chances of getting a green card, or lawfully immigrating to the United States. Read More about “Three Risky Immigration Mistakes”…